Travel Professionals Recruitment
Travel consultants are experts in travel. As a travel consultant, you will help your customers make travel arrangements and will use your travel expertise to help them choose destinations, transportation arrangements, hotel accommodations, car rentals and tours.
Your clients will expect you to advise them about their destinations and this can include information about weather conditions, local laws, customs, local attractions and exhibitions.
In addition to the requirements of a Junior Consultant, key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Manage flight, car hire and hotel bookings for groups and individuals.
- Work to agreed company standards and client SLA’s
- Respond to all nature of client enquiries in a polite and efficient manner
- Advise clients on visa, passport and health requirements
- Ensure accuracy and process payments for related travel bookings
- Possess formal travel qualifications such as BA fares and ticketing 1 and 2.
- Have good knowledge of global geography and transportation methods such as rail and ferries
- Be aware of global events and advise clients of travel advisories
- Possess good customer service skills and be able to assess client needs
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, email and internet
- Effectively time manage and the ability to prioritize work
- Good communicator via telephone and written skills
- Confident in the use of a GDS (preferably Sabre), including published and net fares, restrictions, ticketing, PNR building and exchanges.
- Perform well under pressure
- Maximize all avenues of sales to increase company profitability
- Demonstrate “switch selling” if possible to suppliers which provide the highest commission levels
Email your CV to careers@travelprofessionals.