Close this search box.




After Brexit, when the UK leaves the EU, there are likely to be some changes that may impact on your travel arrangements. So how should you be prepared for Brexit?

To check out the most up to date Brexit information go to GOV.UK



You may need to renew your passport earlier if you are travelling after Brexit. On the day you travel you’ll need your passport to both:

  • have at least 6 months left
  • be less than 10 years (even if it has 6 months or more left)

If you do not renew it, you may not be able to travel to most EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.

Check whether your passport is valid


You should always get appropriate travel insurance cover before you go abroad.

After Brexit the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) may not be valid. It is particularly important to get travel insurance with the right cover if you have a pre-existing medical condition. This is because the EHIC scheme covers pre-existing conditions, while many travel insurance policies do not.

Advice on travel insurance



You may need extra documents if you are driving in the EU after Brexit. In some countries you may need an international driving permit (IDP)

Check if you need an IDP

If you are taking your own vehicle you will also need:

  •  a ‘green card’ – allow 1 month to get this from your insurance company
  • a GB sticker

There is more much information on travelling after Brexit on GOV.UK so make sure you check out all the latest information

You might also enjoy

Sustainable Events
Sustainable Events

Sustainable Events Sustainability is such an important topic in 2020, not only in events but across all industries and quite rightly so! As a company we have been working on becoming more sustainable in our office and in the events

Incentive Trip
Incentive Trips

Incentive Trips Incentive trips are a fantastic way to motivate and reward your teams. Often incentive trips will only last a few days making European destinations a popular option due to the diversity of cultures, good climates and shorter flight